Consistency of "filtering" in mini window

Options

It still bums me out, when trying to copy fields of an item from the 1Password mini window, that selected category and search term are thrown away when the window is hidden.

Every time, I have to select a category and/or re-type the search term, which is kind of annoying.

Opposed to that, selected vault stays selected, which is IMHO incoherent, as the vault is also a kind of filter.

Actually, with a flash of former mini window contents on subsequent window open (until the window is redrawn), it is annoying quite a bit.

I understand changing the behaviour of the vaults is a no-go as you have mentioned in one of my previous questions (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92021/vault-filter-should-not-be-shared-between-main-1password-app-and-1password-mini-extension#latest), maybe a "pin filter" button would help mitigate this?

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• Hey, @finwe! This is actually a known issue – depending on how you summon mini, it isn't behaving as intended at the moment. We're working on getting it fixed up. The intent is for the item you copied from to remain at the bottom of your list so you can copy the next bit of data you need without redoing the search. The filters are tossed, but the item remains easily accessible. This way, whether your aim is to do a new search or copy a new bit of data from the same item, mini is ready to oblige without any extra clicks. If you click the icon in your notification area, this behaves as intended. If you use the icon in your browser's toolbar, or the Ctrl + Alt + \ hotkey, it doesn't and goes back to the top of the list. Funny enough, it took someone else reporting this for me to be aware of it – I always used that notification area icon to copy/paste, so it never gave me any trouble. Hopefully, the same will work for you for the moment and, of course, we'll get mini behaving more consistently in a future update. :+1:

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I never actually noticed the last used item aligned to the bottom of the Mini window, thanks for the hint.

Yet I belive were it on the top of the window, I'd notice it more easily.

Good luck with more consistency with this, especially given that the browser extension icon seems to always filter by the current domain.

Can you please also consider the "pin filter" button feature request? Still would make a sense when eg copying data from multiple selected items. Or having favourite items open by default on window open.

• It's no problem at all, @finwe! Ideally, I think it would be at the top, but ultimately I see this as something more temporary as mini itself is likely to gain some additional super powers that will likely have us all using this feature a bit less. One example is 1Password for Mac's "pin item" option. This opens an item's details in a separate window that persists until you close it. I don't use my Mac often, but when I do I'm really jealous of that feature. It's particularly awesome on checkout screens as I can keep both the proper credit card item and my Identity item open. Seems every payment screen in the world needs a combination of info from both so having both available is just such a time saver. Fingers crossed we'll see it on Windows, soon. 🤞 And, of course, I'll certainly pass your feedback along. :chuffed:

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! The "pin item" option seems cool, must try it when I use my Mac next time.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @finwe,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions for us, we are always ready to help with 1Password. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.