Categories view show as empty before actually loading

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Since the latest beta, whenever the iOS has not been used for a while (and has probably been frozen/killed by iOS), when unlocking the app, the "Categories" view briefly shows as empty with the "Learn how to save passwords and more" header, before actually loading the content.
I would say it is visible for a second.
It's not that big of a deal but I still wanted to report this because it has not been there before.

1Password Version: 7.2.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manaburner: Good eye! I guess I kind of space out when unlocking 1Password since I know there is a bit of a delay no matter what, decrypting data, even on an iPhone XS. But you're right that the categories don't appear immediately. I think that's inevitable to some extent since, again, 1Password needs to decrypt the data to even know which ones to display (the first four are the only ones which will show up even without any items in them). But maybe we need to adjust the UI to better reflect that it isn't quite ready yet. Anyway, I grabbed a video of this just in case tomorrow it doesn't happen for either of us. Cheers! ;)

ref: apple-2054

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thank you :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, likewise! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.