HELP! I seem to have both 1Password.app AND 1Password 4.app loaded on Mac

Cannot figure out how to straighten this out, your website didn't recognize me and now my password is too long to be recognized on my iPad and iPhone app. What the heck?????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:EHO{{OIN}

Comments

• mightyvinyl
    mightyvinyl
    Community Member

My 1Password "Emergency Kit" has a very long password associated with it, and it works when I enter it in one of the two accounts
    but that same password does not work on the 1Password app I appear to have loaded on my iPad and iPhone. How do I straighten out this mess? Which version do I need to trash?

• mightyvinyl
    mightyvinyl
    Community Member

And once we figure that out, how can I sh**can the app from my iPhone and iPad and start again so all three are in sync - iMac, iPhone, iPad?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mightyvinyl - sorry for the confusion! If you've got 1Password 4 for Mac, you should definitely remove that (presuming there isn't any data in it that's NOT already saved in other 1Password instances). 1Password 4 for Mac is very old now, and should not be running anywhere except if you have a computer that's of the same vintage, running Mavericks or Mountain Lion.

If you've got an Emergency Kit, that sounds like you subscribed to a 1password.com account. Check to make sure you're able to sign into your account in a browser at 1password.com, and if you can, and your account vault(s) there contain what you would consider a complete and up-to-date copy of your data, then that's all you need; on your iPad or iPhone, what you likely have is an older, standalone Primary vault, which may have whatever Master Password you were previously using before you created a 1password.com account. If you can remember it, enter that and make sure there isn't any data you need there that isn't already in your 1password.com account. If you can't remember it, just delete the entire 1Password for iOS app, then re-download it from the App Store, and on first-run, sign in using your Emergency Kit from your 1password.com account, and you should be all set to go.

This discussion has been closed.