Why won't the new version of 1password enter any log in information when I open any software program

This is getting ridiculous!
Hours of none productive time searching for answers on you web site!
Why won’t 1password version 7 allow me to log into a software applications? I have to use the copy & past function, Ctrl+\ does nothing. Version 4 worked just fine.
Who is in charge of your technical support Dept.?

Pat

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Software logins

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ProElect,

I am sorry to hear you are having a bad time with 1Password 7!

The thing is that Auto-Type, our feature that would allow you to fill your credentials in other Windows apps besides your browser, is not implemented in 1Password 7 yet. We are building our new 1Password app from the ground up, so we have a lot of catching up to do first. It is definitely coming to 1Password 7, but I don't have any ETA yet.

Right now, you can use Type-in-Window functionality in 1Password mini. Press Ctrl + Alt + \, find the Login item that you need, then right click on username/password and select the window you want to fill your credentials in:

Please give it a try and let me know if it suits your needs. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• ProElect
    ProElect
    Community Member

Hmm mm, that doesn't work either, "Type in window is grayed out.

• Type in window itself will always be greyed out, @ProElect, but you should see window titles listed below it. It will show any that are open and visible to 1Password. Select the one you want to fill in from that list. Let me know if that helps. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.