All Vault View Empty on Mac?

CMoore515
CMoore515
Community Member

Using latest version of app downloaded from the Mac App Store and have it set to open in "All Vaults."

However, doing so shows 0 items listed, even though both my Private and Shared vaults have items in them. Just happened to noticed that my "All Vaults" on my .1password.com page works perfectly.

What could be going on?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @CMoore515

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this. That's an interesting situation... I can't say I've heard of that happening before. Have you already tried restarting 1Password for Mac, and the Mac itself? If you open 1Password Mini (from the menu bar, by the clock) and look in the All Vaults view there do you see your items? Do you have all of the relevant vaults included in the All Vaults view? You can check in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults.

Please let me know.

Ben

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

I just set up a new user and she had the exact same problem. We were using screen sharing so it wasn't novice confusion since I was watching step by step (queue jokes here about my own novice confusion!).

Additional symptoms:

• the search field in all vaults mode yielded no results, even if I knew there were matches
    • selecting a specific single vault then populated the data and searches, browsing, etc worked as expected within that vault
    • 1Password Mini matched 1Password Maxi in the sense that in all vaults mode everything was missing, but in a specific vault mode it was fine
    • iOS and web both showed all items properly

We are using 1P Teams, and she is on the latest OS/X (probably 10.14.3) and just downloaded 1P from your web site today.

Looking forward to any thoughts you have to help out with this, or any additional tests we can run.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@CMoore515 @hesspaul

Can you please try the two suggestions Ben mentioned in his post and let us know the result? We can try something different after trying these two:

1. Make sure all the vaults are included in All Vaults view in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults (i.e. make sure that the vaults are checked)
    2. Reboot your system

Do you see the same thing after trying both?

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

@ag_ana my user reports today that after rebooting everything is showing up properly in the All Vaults mode. Since both @CMoore515 and I both saw this problem with the latest app it seems to be something about the app not noticing all of its own vaults that you log in to until the next startup.

Unfortunately my person did a full reboot, without first testing whether quitting and re-opening the app would resolve the problem. Sorry!

• @hesspaul

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear a reboot worked. We'll keep an eye out for that...

Ben

This discussion has been closed.