Moving from 1Password V4 to 1Password V7

I bought 1Password v4 with a stand alone licence back in 2016... and recently it stopped working with my Chrome browser, so I thought maybe it was having issues with a Chrome update or something.

In the end I updated to 1Password v7 to see if it worked and although I can fill in some web forms, my account status on this version displays as (frozen).

It is asking for a licence file to activate (which i don't have) I only have a licence key which isn't an option to use.

I hope I don'y have to buy another licence as I have already paid for my V4 licence. Also I do not want to pay a monthly subscription....I have enough of these attached to my bank already!.

Hope you can shed some light on this.

Many thanks in advance

Kyle

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: None yet

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for getting in touch! Sorry for the troubles.

1Password 4 for Windows won’t fill or save in Chrome 72 or later, please see this article on our website.

You'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7, which is being actively developed and has the new signature, or use one of the other supported browsers (such as Brave, Firefox, Opera, etc.). If you purchased your standalone license for 1Password 4 recently, please send us a message to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will see what we can do for you.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Brundle99
    Brundle99
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your comments, I posted about this to the site support first and this is the number #KLF-65255-693.

Does that number look right to you?.

I posted here too just incase i got a reply before the site support.

Thanks

Kyle

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brundle99,

Great, thanks! I found your email on our side and we will get back to you soon. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: KLF-65255-693

• Brundle99
    Brundle99
    Community Member

Excellent, thanks Greg!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome! We're here if you need us! :)

• Brundle99
    Brundle99
    Community Member

Hi Guys I have just sent my reply to the support email address, Many thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I'll close this, and we can continue the conversation via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.