To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password not accepted

Options

Comments

• krzyz
    krzyz
    Community Member
    Options

I've restarted several times and it's still not working VERY FRUSTRATING! Just upgraded to a subscription account!

• krzyz
    krzyz
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I have upgraded to 1password 7 and I'm on Mojave 10.14.3

• Ben
    Options

Hi @krzyz

That sounds like a different issue than what the customer in the other thread was experiencing. As such I've split your comments off into a new thread so we can be sure to give this issue the attention it deserves.

You mentioned that you've just recently upgraded to a 1Password membership. The Master Password for your membership account is a separate entity from any previous Master Password you may have had, and could possibly be different. When you set up your membership did you print your Emergency Kit and write in the Master Password?

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Are you able to sign in to the https://my.1password.com/ website?

Please let me know.

Ben

• krzyz
    krzyz
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Yes, I understand they are two separate passwords and yes I can sign in to the website. Also, my master password for the app works on my other desktop, iPad, and iPhone. That's the weird part. I did download the Emergency Kit.
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @krzyz. When you log in on the website or your other devices do you see all of your data? If so I think the quickest and easiest solution then is going to be to reset 1Password on the non-working Mac. To do that: open 1Password for Mac and select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data. Then sign in to your membership account.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• krzyz
    krzyz
    Community Member
    Options

Once I reset the data as per your instructions, I still could not sign in using the Master password (for the app) that works on my other devices. I could sign in to the app using the website master password. The original app password works on the other machines. I am still syncing through the Dropbox data on the other machines. Is there a special setting I need to change on the problem machine? Am I making some error when upgrading?

• Ben
    Options

The Master Password you use on the website is the one that should unlock the apps once you've completed the migration process. It sounds as though you haven't finished that process, by deleting the old Primary vault. The "problem machine," it seems, is the one that is working as intended now. Instructions for finishing the migration process and deleting the Primary vault can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

This needs to be completed on each device. When done none of the devices should have a Primary vault, Dropbox should be completely uninvolved in 1Password, and all of the apps should unlock using the same Master Password as 1Password.com. If you haven't already I would again recommend signing into the website and verifying all of your data is accessible there before proceeding.

Please let me know how it goes.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.