I downloaded 1P 7 for Mac, unaware it would require a new license. I'm happy w/ 6; how to downgrade?

jenniferbga
jenniferbga
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac onto my MacBook Pro running High Sierra. I thought my current stand-alone license would cover it, but it's too old. I've been very happy w/ 1Password 6 and don't want to get a new license, as 7 seems to do most of what 6 does for me. How can I downgrade/switch back to 6?

1Password Version: 7.3 Beta-3
Extension Version: 7.3 Beta-3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:downgrade from 1password 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jenniferbga - we really can't recommend downgrading to a legacy version of 1Password such as 1Password 6 for Mac as any kind of long-term solution for password management. When it comes to your mission-critical security software, we recommend keeping all of your apps up to date, including macOS, your browser(s) and 1Password. There are too many security fixes as well as general bug/compatibility fixes in current versions for us to suggest anything else.

That said, 1Password 6 for Mac should work pretty well on macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) still, so if you understand the risks/caveats, you can use these instructions to revert back to version 6.

• jenniferbga
    jenniferbga
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. Is there a discount for those who purchased older versions?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jenniferbga - 1Password 7 for Mac is currently on sale at the "launch special" price of $49.99, which is over 23% off the eventual full retail price of $64.99. It's been that way for a while and I have no idea when we'll be moving it up to full price, but if you don't wait too long, you should be able to get it for the current discount. Hope that helps! :)

• jenniferbga
    jenniferbga
    Community Member

Great! Thanks so much.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jenniferbga - you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.