Dark mode for 1Password X

Hey guys, would it be possible to get a dark mode for 1PX in the feature request list especially with Chrome's dark mode rolling out to users :)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Definitely! This is something I want as well. 🙂

We have partial support for Dark Mode already as you can change the 1Password toolbar icon to fit in better with the dark theme. You can change this in Settings (click the gear icon in the popup). There's a lot more we can do and we hope we'll be able to play more here soon.

Take care,

++dave;

• billj
    billj
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Dave, are you talking about 1Password 7 and macOS Mojave Dark Mode? Then I'm not sure what you mean by accessing settings by clicking on gear icon in the popup.

In any event, when Mojave 10.14.3 and Chrome 73.0.3683.86 are in Dark Mode, the 1Password Chrome toolbar "button" is very difficult to make out. Please see attached screen shot. Red arrow points to 1Password "button." (It actually seems more defined in the screenshot than in the Chrome toolbar.) I'm using 1Password release version 7.2.5 (70205002). I realize I'm posting to a beta thread, but this topic seems to address my issue to a T.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@billj: I'm sorry for the confusion. That's the 1Password desktop app extension, and Chrome takes care of inverting the icon there already:

This discussion is about 1Password X. We don't have the ability to dynamically change the icon ourselves based on the colour of the UI, but as Dave mentioned 1Password X has some selectable icons, if that helps. Cheers! :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#463

• snappy
    snappy
    Community Member

Please tell me dark mode for 1Password X is going to be more than an icon. It's hard to gauge from the previous responses on this thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't have anything to announce at this point. It is entirely possible that we'll have additional UI options in the future, but you're talking about an entirely separate design; the browser won't magically do that for us. If only. :)

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

I too would like the 1Password Extension (Chrome) to support darkmode. Interesting the app and does.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Thanks for sharing your interest, @DBLClick! :chuffed:

ref: x/b5x#592

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

So any plans for the Dark Mode?
    Will it be true in 2020?

• trollfred
    trollfred
    Community Member

[nagging]

• 🤞

Ben

• evdev
    evdev
    Community Member

I use the beta Chrome extension on MacOS integrated with the desktop app which has dark mode corresponding to my system preferences but I spend at least 90% of my time in Chrome itself. I have DarkReader extension turned on so all webpages and everything I've got going on is nice and easy on the eyes but your extension, by contrast, is suuper bright and jarring.

I know y'all are probably busy with COVID response and such but I'd bet it would be a pretty minor amount of dev work to release such a new feature so I hope you reconsider doing so as a quick win for us and your team! Please and thank you 🙏

This discussion has been closed.