[Feature Request] Password generator presets

bleupold
bleupold
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Mac

I would love to have the option to save different presets to generate new passwords (incl. the Browser extension)!
Presets with different preferences about the passwords. That would improve my workflow speed.

Keep going, awesome product! Love it!
For personal and business account.

Cheers,
Ben

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @bleupold

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. What sort of presets would you like to have?

Ben

• cbedgar
    cbedgar
    Community Member

If I understand correctly, bleupold is asking to save various password generator recipes as presets. If so this is something I have wanted for a long time too.

Various websites have different requirements. Some want 16 characters or less. Some wantletters and numbers but no symbols. Some only take certain symbols but not others. It would be great to save one or several recipes so I can just press a button to get length 39, 6 digits and 4 symbols on a site that takes everything, but only length 8, 2 numbers, no symbols on that archaic message board that has no security whatsoever.

Thanks! --C.B.

• Gotcha, thanks @cbedgar. Was trying to get a feel for what (specific) presets might be of interest. I think because there are so many different sites out there with widely varying requirements it would be difficult to come up with such presets, but perhaps as you say there could be a few that would be good starting points.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.