10-15 seconds unlock time and JPEGS attachments not opening

afm
afm
Community Member
  • From working perfectly, 1Password started all at once, and 100% of the time, taking 10-15 seconds or more to unlock. In addition JPG attachments stopped opening (just spinner). PDF and txt attachments seem to work as expected.
  • Same symptoms for local vaults.
  • Same symptoms for both main app and mini.
  • JPG attachments work as expected from other devices and from 1password.com web interface.
  • I'm running 1Password inside a VMWare Fusion VM. Both host and guest are macOS 10.14.3, and this could have happened in sync with when I moved the VM to a different host, although I'm not 100% sure. Host machine is a MacBook Pro 15 2018

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:jpeg don't open

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @afm! Welcome to the forum!

In order to try and isolate the issue, do you have the chance to try using 1Password with this data directly on your host, and not inside the VM? You mentioned moving this VM to a different host, so it would be great to see if this has anything to do with the VM itself.

Thank you!

• afm
    afm
    Community Member

Actually I timed things with a stopwatch, so here are some more precise timings of the symptoms:

• 25 seconds for password prompt to show up after clicking on mini 1P icon
    • 25 seconds for prompt to return for wrong password (at about 13 seconds spinner mouse pointer disappears)
    • 20 seconds for 1P to unlock (at about 13 seconds spinner mouse pointer disappears)
    • 38 seconds to lock
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@afm: Can you actually tell us a bit about what you did leading up to this issue? You seem to be saying you didn't have any problems originally ("From working perfectly"), but that this started after "sync with when I moved the VM to a different host". I'm not 100% sure what that means, but it sounds like it may not be a coincidence.

This discussion has been closed.