1Passsword7 extension doesn't seem to recognize my license

Options
DavidA352
DavidA352
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Mac

1Password Mini does not seem to recognize that I have a licensed version of 1Password7. At the point that I try to paste my username and password through my browsers (either Safari or Firefox) I get a banner telling me I need to purchase a 1Password7 membership. I have restarted my MacBook Pro numerous times and have also disabled and reinstalled the Firefox extensions both from within 1Password7 and from within my Firefox browser add-ons processes (Safari tells me that I need to delete the 1Password application to remove the extension, don't want to do that...). In all cases, I keep ending up with the same dilemma at the point where 1Password Mini is s’posed to paste in my username and password.

My 1Password data all seems safe and accessible through the main application. When in 1Password Mini I can go to the main application and see all my data. 1Password7 is working fine on my IOS devices.

I purchased my license 10 Jun 2018 and have the purchase order number. I don't know where the license is on my computer but I do have a copy of it attached within my 1Password7 application if I need to install it somewhere it can be recognized...

Safari tells me that I am using extension version 7.2.5 of 1Password. Automatic extensions is turned on within Safari.
Safari version 12.0.3
Firefox version 66.0 (64-bit)

BTW, everything worked fine yesterday

Update, just realized that I cannot add any logins to my main 1Password7 application on my MacBook Pro. However, new logins added through IOS are syncing properly through Dropbox.

Thanks,
David

1Password Version: 7.2.5 (70205004)
Extension Version: 7.2.5 (Safari)/4.7.3.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Passsword7 extension doesn't seem to recognize my license

ref: NRA-84518-793

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @DavidA352! Did you perhaps download 1Password from the Mac App Store instead of directly from us? If so, that would explain why it's unlicensed. When purchased/installed from the Mac App Store, there IS no license key. Like all software purchased from the Mac App Store, it's tied to your Apple ID, not any license key -- and in 1Password 7 for Mac, we do not sell a standalone version through the Mac App Store. If that's the issue, you'll just need to Quit Safari (if it is open) and Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then drag the 1Password app to the trash. Visit our downloads page and download the most-recent 1Password app from there, and run the installer. Let me know if you're able to apply your license file after that. :)

• DavidA352
    DavidA352
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thanks Lars...wow...
    I originally purchased 1Password through the Apple App Store many years ago but I did purchase a licensed version through FastSpring last June. In trying to figure out why things aren't working now, I did notice this morning that "About 1Password7" says MacApp Store. I thought I was using the licensed version all this time! Is there a way to do this without putting my current version in the trash...that just feels uncomfortable...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DavidA352 - in 1Password 7 for Mac, for the first time, your data is stored in a central location (the Group Containers folder), meaning: there's no difference between where the Mac App Store version stores your data and where our version stores it. So you can follow the steps I gave above without worrying about your data; it's not stored with the app itself. Really, trust me; you won't lose your data. :)

• DavidA352
    DavidA352
    Community Member
    Options

Everything is working wonderfully, thanks so much for your time and very supportive help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DavidA352 - awesome! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.