How do I completely log out on Mac OS one user to change that comp to diff users 1PW acct ?

Options
JRiff
JRiff
Community Member

My warehouse manager got a new computer. He got all set up and logged in, but we are passing his previous Mac down to his assistant. He is all set up on his new computer, but how do I log his 1PW out of his old one completely so I can get the new user logged in?

Thanks All!
Justin

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:log out

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JRiff!

If 1Password on this computer is configured with a 1Password Membership account, you can remove this account from the app (under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab > Select the account to remove and click on the "-" button).

But if the computer is going to a different person entirely, and if your warehouse manager has already imported everything on their new computer (this is important, to avoid potentially losing data which might only be stored on their previous computer), you can also reset the app completely. This is useful, for example, if there were multiple accounts in the app, or if there are also standalone vaults in there.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.