Jagged edges on mini window dropdown arrow

Options
Jools912
Jools912
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I don't know what it looks like on a Retina display, but on a normal display it looks quite ugly, especially over light backgrounds:

(zoomed 200%)

On other apps with similar drop downs, the edges are anti-aliased.

Also, the dropdown arrow when clicking the Safari extension icon isn't centered below the icon and instead appears below where the pointer s clicked. That's not the same behaviour as built-in dropdowns, such as the downloads window.

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_andrew
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi @Jools912, I'm experiencing the same rendering bug on my 1x display in dark mode. We have an issue filed for it for it; when you see {apple-issue#3278} in the release notes, you'll know we've squashed it.

As for pinning the mini window to the Safari toolbar button, this happens because when we get signalled that the 1Password button has been clicked in the Safari toolbar, we aren't told where that button is. So we don't know where to show the popover. Our best guess is where the mouse cursor is, so that's where we anchor the mini window.

Other Safari toolbar buttons use the built-in popovers that Safari provides, but because our mini window is part of our app, not our Safari extension, we can't use the built-in Safari popovers.

ref: apple-3278

This discussion has been closed.