Community Member
    Options

ou do not have to respond here but we can do this via email

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Steve_H!

You can download Knox from the link in this discussion, under the section What versions of OS X is Knox compatible with? :)

I hope this helps!

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    That link does not work
    it has a permission alert "you don't have permission to do that"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9

Do you mind posting a screenshot that shows this error message? I have just tried clicking on that link and I was able to get to the Knox download page and download the app successfully. Here is the direct link again for your convenience while we figure this out :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hello

you last post with a direct link does work
    the link from the post I mentionned shows

any link from a Google search for Agile+ Knox, shows the same "no permission:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9

I don't recognize that screenshot, I don't think I have ever seen it before. I think it's coming either from something installed on your device, or from your network settings. Are you able to reach the link from a different device perhaps?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana, I just tried the link in your 1:16am response. The system first required me to log in. That went OK. Then the system threw the same error message as Gilles9 and is attached here,
    The link in your message from 3:54 am does work. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Steve_H

Great! Thank you for letting me know! :) I am really happy the direct link worked, I was going crazy trying to understand why it wasn't working :D

I am still not sure why the original link is not working for you though: it's working here, and I even tried on different browsers and in incognito mode :/

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Well, if the truth be known, computers hate me (old beta tester) ;)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

@ag_ana
    "I don't recognize that screenshot"....... it really looks like an Agile logo/image with the big circle

" I think it's coming either from something installed on your device, or from your network settings"
    No definitively not from my device neither my network or ISP

"Are you able to reach the link from a different device perhaps?"
    same result

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi @Gilles9 and @Steve_H -- can you guys try this link, please? That's the direct link to the last version of Knox. I just downloaded it to my own Mac using local coffee shop wi-fi over a VPN, which means if you can't get it from this link, I'm not sure what to tell you.

For future reference, this link came directly from our AgileBits version history server which is publicly available and does not require any special sign-in to access. You can find every version of everything we've ever released there, should you need it. Hope this helps! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, both of your links worked as you describe .

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Steve_H. :) The problem above is that we've archived the Knox category on the forum as it has had very little activity the last few years since we retired Knox. Going forward the links Lars provided are going to be the best bet, though I can't make any promises about the compatibility of Knox with future OS versions.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, for me, not having to type in the password to the sparse bundle is what I would hope will continue to work. I know AgileBits is probably currently beta testing, or will be after the special event tomorrow, the new OS and iOS releases. So, we will see in a couple of months when you are permitted to shed a little light on the subject. I did archive several copies of Knox for the replacement computers that I know are coming up.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars
    Yes both your links work
    Knox is 64bits, it should work with the next Macos, as least I hope nothing else in Macos kills it
    I do find Knox usefull, bad you couldn't or wouldn't keep on developping it
    Thanks for the links

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Steve_H: As far as saving the password, that's handled by macOS Keychain, and I'd be surprised if Apple changes that. A lot of software uses it. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: Glad that helped! And while we're not actively developing Knox in recent years, we're not going to do anything to stop you from using it; and we're always here if you have a question. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

brenty, now I have a really dumb question. How does the macOS Keychain save the password if I am using 1Password? Are you saying that if I open the sparse bundle outside of Knox, that the Keychain will grab and remember the password?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

brenty, I answered my own question. It worked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Steve_H! I am happy that you got this to work :)

This discussion has been closed.