1Password and Treasury Direct

treasurydirect.gov uses a 'virtual keyboard' to enter the password. 1Password doesn't seem to be able to "type" my password on the keyboard, I must do it manually.

This is very frustrating because we all use complex passwords, making this very tedious to login to their site.

I thought an old version fixed this, but it's not working again.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrumCatMan! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please share the full URL of the website where this happens please, so I can test it too?

Thank you!

• DrumCatMan
    DrumCatMan
    Community Member

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/RS/UN-Display.do

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/RS/PW-Display.do

You cannot cut/paste into the Password field. You must type on the Virtual Keyboard.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @DrumCatMan! Unfortunately I get this when I try to visit the website:

So I have made a note here to give this another look tomorrow ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrumCatMan,

I was able to correctly fill the username field in the first link you shared, but I still get the same error message on the second page. I wonder if the issue is not temporary at all (despite what the screenshot shows) and that you actually can never reach that page without successfully entering the username in the previous page.

You cannot cut/paste into the Password field.

Are you able to paste the password manually on the password page? Or is that also not allowed?

• DrumCatMan
    DrumCatMan
    Community Member

You are NOT allowed to paste manually in the password field. You can only "click" on the virtual keyboard. The regular keyboard is not allowed either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. Then it's not something 1Password can help with, if they're requiring you to enter your password manually with the mouse. I'd encourage you to get in touch with them as their customer and encourage them to put an end to this practice, as it's just making it harder for you to use a strong password to protect your account. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.