No support for iCloud Drive on Windows = Goodbye

After Dropbox changed their terms & conditions to only allow 3 devices for a free account I tried switching over to iCloud for syncing my vault. I need to sync across iOS, Mac OS, and Windows. I guess iCloud drive on Windows works differently than sync'ing via iCloud from within iOS so they're not compatible? If that's not an option then I'm out & going to LastPass.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 3.657
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• We use CloudKit to facilitate iCloud sync, @mdfix, and indeed this isn't supported on Windows. Now, that said, it's worth pointing out that (at least thus far) Dropbox has said that anyone with more than three authorized devices already can continue using those devices with their free Dropbox account. I have far more than three authorized devices myself thanks to testing things across my ecosystem and haven't had a hint of trouble thus far. That's not to say this will be true in perpetuity – that's up to Dropbox – but it appears they're not taking steps to curtail current use with more than three devices just yet. :+1:

• MikeT
    edited March 2019

I also want to point out that this is one of the reasons we also came up with our own solution, 1Password.com membership; so that you wouldn't ever have to deal with this. 1Password.com is available everywhere 1Password is supported and more such 1Password.com web app (decrypted on local device only), 1Password X extension that works on Chrome OS, Linux and other platforms that support Firefox or Chrome. There are no device limits.

This discussion has been closed.