new Barclaycard login not possible to save to IPassword

Options
SoMuch2Do
SoMuch2Do
Community Member

Ugh, Barclaycard have changed their login process. I tried to save the details for the 1st screen - ie before continuing, open 1Password and create new login, but the details are not saved. I'm using the Mac desktop version 6.8.9 High Sierra.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new Barclaycard login not possible to save to IPassword

Comments

• premiere99
    premiere99
    Community Member
    Options

Same here with 1Password 7 V7.3.BETA-4 (70300004), Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226), Safari V12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SoMuch2Do and @premiere99 - sorry for the trouble. First of all, definitely give this URL a try; it's the direct login page: https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/home?secureLogin

Using that worked fine for me (I happen to have a Barclaycard account myself). If you need to re-save the item, make sure you're following these instructions. If none of that's working for (either of) you, please let me know specifically what steps you're taking and where things aren't working the way they're supposed to.

• premiere99
    premiere99
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars
    This is a new login for the UK Barclaycard at https://as2r-cla-bcc4-bcol.barclaycard.co.uk/ecom/as2/UI/#/login/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SoMuch2Do @premiere99

Can you please give us exact steps to reproduce so I can test it over here?

Thank you!

• premiere99
    premiere99
    Community Member
    Options

I just fill in the top box with "Last name/family name" and click the "Card number" circle which then opens 4 box's to fill in the 16 digit card number and then press next. At that point I would expect 1password to ask if I wish to save the details but nothing.

• Ben
    Options

@premiere99

1Password doesn't prompt to save on that page because there is no password field. To avoid a ton of false positives we typically don't prompt to save forms that don't have a password field. That said you can manually save this form:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

I just tested this and it does fill the form correctly once manually saved, though you have to select the radio button ("circle") for card number before it can.

Ben

• premiere99
    premiere99
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that works but not a great experience, not 1passwords fault but Barclaycard really needs to rethink this update, almost seems they have done it to not allow details to be saved in password managers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

More and more websites are doing this over time. I'm not sure why exactly. Anyway, while it's certainly a bit inconvenient (and questionable), I don't think I would ascribe any password-manager-hostile intent here. There is a lot more a website can do if they really don't want to be friendly to password managers. I've seen things that cannot be unseen. :angry:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

One word: banks. The stuff some of those guys do on their websites in the name of "security" makes me shiver. 😳

This discussion has been closed.