Disable 1Password in Asana's fields

Hello,
I use frequently Asana as a project manager, and when I create a task the field Asignee is getting username of 1Password and it makes a window when it souldn't be.

How can i solve it? or do you make something in 1Password to solve it?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_sebastianag_sebastian 1Password Alumni
    edited March 28

@davidperezgar: Thanks for your report, and sorry for the hassle. This is a known issue that'll be fixed in the next 1Password X update. Unfortunately there's no easy workaround for this issue except for disabling the extension when using Asana. If you're on Chrome and in a hurry, you can install the 1Password X beta which should already have the fix in place.

ref: xplatform/brain#68

• @ag_sebastian Is there a beta for Firefox? I'm having this issue and use Asana a lot.

• Hello @wjdp,

Sorry, we don't have a beta available for Firefox. Hopefully it won't be too long before 1.15 is ready for stable release and you can take advantage of the fix.

• What is the status of this issue? I'm having the same problem. It is super annoying. I cannot assign tasks to team members because 1 password blocks half of my team's names.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
  • carstenlangecarstenlange Junior Member

Hey 1password,

any update on this? It's June and even with the latest 1Password X update, this issue isn't fixed. And it's really annoying one :(

Best, Carsten

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hey there @carstenlange! The issue should be completely resolved at this point. I just tested it out with my own Asana account in the stable build of 1Password X (1.15.2), and I'm not seeing the 1Password icon in the assignee field any longer.

Are you seeing something different?

• carstenlangecarstenlange Junior Member

Hey Kaytlin,

Thanks for getting back to me, and indeed everything looks great again.

Best, Carsten

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

That's great to hear, @carstenlange! Thanks for sharing the good news with me. :)

• I have the same issue at some other sites. Could you add a button to exclude some fields specifically?

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@dospolov – It's something we're interested in, and we'd love to offer in the future. Stay tuned for future updates. :)

ref: dev/core/core#227

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member
    edited October 21

@dospolov – I've actually got some really good news for you. We recently added the ability to disable the 1Password X inline menu on specific websites in the current 1Password X beta. If you're willing to test it, let me know what browser you use and I'll give you the link. ❤️

• Yes! Chrome

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@dospolov – Sweet! You can download the 1Password X beta in Chrome here.

Here's the button you'll click to disable the inline menu on the current page:

Keep in mind, that will reset if you quit your browser. We're still working on a way to save sites you've previously disabled safely and efficiently, but we were excited to get this feature out the door. :)

• @kaitlyn if it doesn't store this field - that doesn't work for me.
    I've solved it with a custom js snippet that I wrote. So will wait for a version with storage

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Sounds good, @dospolov! Thanks for the feedback.

• Hello @kaitlyn ! I'm afraid tha the 1password button is merged with clear button, and I cannot use it...

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member
    edited November 14

Hi @davidperezgar! I just responded to you in this thread, but you're absolutely right. I just tested it out on Asana's site, and the issue we previously fixed has made its way back. This time, we don't have the ability to close 1Password X's inline menu since that also closes the Asana dropdown menu. I did notice that they made some changes to their site, so we may just need to re-fix things on our end. Our developers will need to investigate before jumping to any conclusions. In the meantime, the Hide on this page option I mentioned earlier in this thread should help you out. It's only available in the 1Password X beta, though, so let me know (on either thread) which browser you use and I'll send you the link to download it.

• It seems that it solved in beta version! Thanks!

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member
    edited November 14

Glad to hear that, @davidperezgar! I'll be here if anything else comes up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file