I have 1Password 7 on my Mac, where most of my p.w.'s are. How to migrate to account?

jaybar
jaybar
Community Member

I bought the stand-alone 1PW app for my Mac long ago; it's now version 7.. Later, I signed up for an online account to allow access to my p.w.'s and log-ins from my devices, and later to share w/my wife. But I stupidly kept using the old app because I never could grasp how to migrate the data in it to the account. The old app has by far the most items, although some appears in both places. I want to discontinue the old stand-alone and just use 1PW online, and move my data to it. All the helpful instructions bog down for me when I don't see the options to select and move forward. I'm really frustrated---and stuck. I'd appreciate any help....that solves this.

I'm supposed to specify "Sync Type" as helpful info when asking for help. In 1PW 7, the Sync button is set to "none." Is this at least part of the problem?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: dropbox?
Referrer: forum-search:migrate 1Password 7 app vault to account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jaybar!

The quickest way to migrate everything is to select all your items in your old vault (Cmd+A on a Mac), and then dragging them to your Private vault. Alternatively, you can choose Item > Move to Vault > Private from the menu at the top of the screen.

You might have some duplicates after doing this, especially if you have been using both vaults for a while without syncing them, so you can also select the items you want to move manually, and move just those which are not yet in your account.

I'm supposed to specify "Sync Type" as helpful info when asking for help. In 1PW 7, the Sync button is set to "none." Is this at least part of the problem?

No, this is unrelated. That tells you what sync method is currently used for your old vault, but it has no connection to your 1Password account. Indeed, after moving everything to your account, that menu will disappear :)

This discussion has been closed.