New Mac can't fill passwords after migration

Harold_in_SF
Harold_in_SF
Community Member

I've been using 1Password 6 on an iMac stuck on El Capitan. After migrating to a new iMac that came with Mojave, Password 6 would open, and it found my passwords in Dropbox; but command-\ would not fill data on websites. I followed what use to fix this: uninstall the Safari extension then download it again and restart. This did not work. I think the extension offered and downloaded is for 1Password 7, but it was the only one I saw available. Now the Mac App Store shows 1Password 7 in my Purchased Software. I don't really see how I could have downloaded the whole app. Anyway I bought 1Password from AgileBits years ago, probably version 4 or 5, and upgraded to 6 also from AgileBits. I'm not averse to upgrading to 7 if it can be done as a standalone application. I've downloaded version 7 from your website but it doesn't seem to be offering a way to make itself operational, while version 6 now exists on the new Mac only as a zip file. Is it possible to make version 6 work under Mojave? How would I get a working version 7? Note: The 1Password versions below are what was migrated from the old iMac. The OS is from the new one.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Harold_in_SF! Welcome to the forum!

How did you migrate 1Password 6 to your new Mac? Was it through a Time Machine backup or did you download the app from the Mac App Store directly?

• Harold_in_SF
    Harold_in_SF
    Community Member

I used Migration Assistant to migrate from a Carbon Copy Cloner backup of the old iMac. All I got from the Mac App Store was the Safari extension, which turned out to be for version 7 rather than 6. I can't find the extension for version 6 on the Mac App Store from this computer. I had to reinstall it on the old iMac within the last couple of weeks, and there was no problem. I didn't realize I was being offered a different extension until it was too late.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Harold_in_SF,

Thank you for the confirmation. You can download the browser extension for version 6 here if you use Safari, or here if you use any other browser.

Also note that 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade: unless you have an active 1Password Membership, or a license for version 7, filling will not work in the latest app, so please do make sure you are really using 1Password version 6 in your case.

Please keep us posted!

This discussion has been closed.