1password not filling in

jsagarin
jsagarin
Community Member

It works fine on my iMac version 10.13.6 but not on my iPad pro (small) with ios 12.1.4 or iPhone RX (red) with ios 12.2. How do I set up sync type with iCloud? Could that be why? On the iMac, iPad and iPhone I see that 117 items are in my vault; 1password just doesn't fill in on the two ios devices. Auto-fill is on on all three devices. Thanks, Jill

1Password Version: 7.2.7 on iPhone
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password not filling in when using on iPad pro (small) with ios 12.1.4 or iPhone RX (red) with 12.2

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jsagarin: Can you be more specific about the steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect? If you're having trouble filling login credentials on a website, it may be helpful to know the URL. But if you're using the iOS 12 Password Autofill feature, we don't have direct control over that, as that's handled by the OS. But we can certainly investigate. This guide will show you how to setup and use that:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Regarding sync, if you don't have a 1Password membership, that will not happen without you setting it up yourself:

Sync your 1Password data

You may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know what you find, and if you have any questions. :)

• jsagarin
    jsagarin
    Community Member

Hi, Brenty. I have a 1password membership, which is your easiest question. I have the app installed on all three Apple devices although I don't understand how to get the extensions if they're needed on the IOS devices. On the iPhone, I open an app (Capital One, for example). When I tap where my username should go, 1password doesn't appear anywhere but "Passwords" does (I believe that is the iCloud password manager). Does that give you enough information? Thanks for your help. Jill

• jsagarin
    jsagarin
    Community Member

Also, on the iPhone under "settings" and "Passwords and Accounts", "Autofill passwords" is on and "allow filling from" is checked for 1password, not Keychain.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jsagarin: Thank you! That helps a bit. It sounds like you have the iOS 12 Password Autofill feature setup, but aren't quite used to using it yet. This guide will help show you the ropes:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

What you're describing sounds like you need to tap "Passwords" there to bring up the list of matching Logins you can fill for that website/app. However, not all apps support that, and you would need to have a Login saved in 1Password with the correct URL, or it won't be offered: we don't want 1Password filling your capitalone.com login credentials at capital0ne.com, for example.

Anyway, I just signed out of the app myself to test this...and the Capital One (US) app doesn't seem to give iOS a URL at all, so you'll only ever see "Passwords" and have to tap that and search for the correct Login in order to fill it -- at least until they update their app.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.