To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Many duplicates after migration from version6 to version7

Options
neoneye
neoneye
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Memberships

Today I have upgraded my macOS app from some number of version 6.
and upgraded the to 1Password 7, version 7.2.5 (70205002).

However now I'm having 2 duplicates of what used to be 1 entry.

I have for a long time been sharing my passwords with my iPhone and iPad.
This has been working fine with version 6.

Other forum posts mentions that there is a "Help -> Tools -> Clean up duplicates items".
However this menu-item is disabled for me in the mac app. I have tried restarting the app,
but restart didn't enable the menu-item.

I am a subscribing customer.

My vaults layout in preferences is like this:
= Myfirstname Mylastname
= = Personal
= Primary

I'm clueless to what the recommended layout should be like?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @neoneye! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you have a vault called "Personal" in your vaults list indented under your name, that means you created a 1password.com account when you upgraded from version 6 to version 7. The name isn't a vault, it's your account. But your old, standalone vault (Primary) contained your data, and when you created the 1password.com account, it transferred your data into the new account...but you chose not to remove the old Primary vault.

Don't worry, it's actually easy to solve since this is just today and you haven't made many changes or additions to your data since making this switch. All you need to do is follow these instructions to remove the now-unnecessary Primary vault on your Mac (you can skip the first step since you already are signed in on your Mac), then follow the same basic steps on your iPhone and iPad. At the end of that, you should have only your 1password.com account vault on all your devices, and only one copy of your data, instead of duplicates. Let me know how that works for you! :)

• neoneye
    neoneye
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Lars. I followed your advice and I think I have normalized things again. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neoneye - great! I'm glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.