Firefox 52.7.4 esr, 1p extension greyed out for no reason....

Options

I tried restarting computer and restarting windows and I am having the same problem. Extension button is greyed out without any explanation.

(fyi That is a real pain btw to make people restart their computer because of an extension conflict. I install software all the time and dont need to restart windows. Why would I need to do this for a browser extension???)

If this is a situation where there is a newer extension version that is not compatible with this firefox version, can I be allowed access to the extension archives so that I can download an older version [I have active 1p.com subscription]? As long as it can still connect to the 1password helper, it should work.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: win8.1x64
Sync Type: 1p.com

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @4EverMaAT,

Firefox 52 is out of date even for ESR. You should find everything will work if you update to the current version which is at 60. Given how all browsers work nowadays attempting to install an older version of an extension and retain that version is a massive pain and I don't believe it will actually help.

Restarting a computer is more a troubleshooting action, it isn't required as part of the set of steps for setup.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Sorry, but it isn't a matter of being "allowed", but rather a question of compatibility. We don't support any outdated browser or OS. We try to avoid breaking things where we can, but technology moves on and when you're trying to use something current with something out of date, you'll inevitably run into trouble sometimes. And, ultimately, it's best to stay up to date not just for you're own comfort but also so you're not missing out on fixes for known vulnerabilities which you won't have patched by lagging behind. You're "allowed" to do whatever you want, but the reality is that there are consequences for any choices we make. It's just matter of finding the ones you're willing to live with, and unfortunately you can't always have it both ways.

This discussion has been closed.