Restore 1password

Options
Toubib
Toubib
Community Member

Hello
I have 1Password autonom apps for free for many years.
The Iphone 7 used before is destroyed : felt in the water.
I've just purchased a new Iphone Xs and make the restoration from ICloud.
1Password is restored but didn't open anymore.
I think that I have to delete it and download a new version.
But how I will be abble to restore my datas as I haven't any secret code ?
Before destroying this old version, can I have to do something ? Become a members ? Something else ?
Waiting for your response
Best regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Toubib

If you were syncing your 1Password data with iCloud you may be able to restore your data by selecting that option from the welcome screen (you may need to scroll down to see it). That said, once you get up and running, I'd highly recommend taking a look at membership. It comes with an automatic off-site backup and replacing a device is as simple as signing into your 1Password account from the new device. It also gives you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Toubib
    Toubib
    Community Member
    Options

Hello
    Thanks for your answer.
    I dod follow the procedure but it didn’t restore my datas !!!
    The new app is installed, works but remzin desperately empty !!!
    What can I do ?
    Dr Yann Tiberghien

• Ben
    Options

@Toubib

In that case it seems you were not in fact syncing your data to iCloud on the iPhone 7. Unfortunately it seems the only way forward is going to be to re-enter your data. To avoid this sort of trouble in the future I'd highly recommend considering a 1Password membership. With a membership your data is no longer stored solely on your device. It is automatically backed up off-site and adding a new device or replacing an existing one is as easy as signing into your 1Password membership account on the new device. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

Ben

• Toubib
    Toubib
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi Ben
    Miracle, I do not know how it did work but all my datas are arrived in my new app on my IPhone Xs !!!

Then I did follow your advice and tried to become a 1passwordmember.
    I did do this subscription through Firefox with my email : [email address removed by 1Password staff, this is a public forum]
    I did enter my credit card
    The website ask me to enter a master code. The one I DO use on my app on my IPhone Xs was too short. Then the website did ask me to create a new one and confirm it.
    Then the website have generated a secret code (long suit of Letters and numbers) that I Did conserve.

What is now the next step to synchronise my 2 accounts ? the one wich is running on my IPhone app with all my datas and the new one created through the membership wich seems to be empty ?

Thanks for your answer to be sure not to do any mistake. One miracle is enough !!! A second one would be too much !!!

BR

@Toubib

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Toubib,

That's great to hear! It sounds like all you need to do now is add your new 1Password account to the iPhone app, and the move your data from your Primary vault to your new 1Password account :)

This discussion has been closed.