Safari Extension Disappeared

Options
rcornish
rcornish
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Mac

Hi......
I ran a security update on my Mac (High Sierra Security Update 2019-002 10.13.6) and the 1Password Extension has disappeared from Safari (though it's still there on my other browsers). It doesn't look as though there's an installer for the Safari browser extension anymore unless I upgrade to 1P7. What's up with that?

1Password Version: v6.89
Extension Version: ---
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @rcornish! :)

If you open Safari Preferences and select the Extensions tab, do you see the Safari extension in there? This is what it looks like on my Mac:

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

Nope… I have nothing in there.

BTW: It looks like I still have the extension (v4.7.3) in Safari on my Mac Pro, but it's disappeared on my MacBook Pro.

• rudy
    Options

@rcornish,

If you have 1Password 7 installed Safari automatically removes 4.7.3. If you've removed 1Password 7 and are still using a version of 1Password 6 then you'll need to install directly from the Safari Extension Gallery at https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#legacy-downloads

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

To be clear, the old Safari extensions -- and Apple's gallery -- will be going away in the near future. So be prepared to update or use another browser -- or both.

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have 1p7. I'm using 1P6.8.9.

The upgrade path on the website is unclear for those who don't have/don't want a membership and are using other means (in my case, iCloud) to sync. Perhaps one of you can elucidate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rcornish: Well, upgrading is pretty simple since a 1Password membership includes everything...so if it seems complicated just be aware that it doesn't have to be. ;) But you can find pricing in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

You install it. You buy it. You use it. That's it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.