AWS MFA autofill is not consistent

I am using 1Password X (1.14.2) on Chrome (72.0.3626.81) on Ubuntu (16.04).

AWS (logon as an IAM user, not root account) currently uses a two step process, on the first page account, user, password details are asked (which 1Password auto-fills correctly), on the next page only MFA code is asked. Rarely (around 1-2 times out of 10) MFA field is auto-populated. On other times field comes empty without a 1Password badge on it, however opening 1Password widget and clicking FILL next to AWS entry populates the correct MFA.

I am wondering if there is anything that can be done to ensure MFA field is auto-populated every time.

Thanks a lot.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cagri,

When it next happens can you check something for me please. 1Password X's filling will only happen if a field has focus after the page loads, that's what 1Password X uses to determine the page has finished doing whatever it needs to. If the field doesn't have keyboard focus what happens if you click on the field?

• Cagri
    Cagri
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables ,

Just tested this again. Upon page load MFA Code: field has the focus on it by default. I tried to move the focus out of this textbox and back several times using mouse and keyboard but it didn't trigger auto-fill. Please let me know if I can provide any further diagnostics.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cagri,

Very weird. I think you've given us enough to go on for now. I have a test AWS account so I'll see about enabling 2FA and bash away on that to try and reproduce myself. It's strange that it's intermittent and I can't think why that would be the case.

This discussion has been closed.