Crash in 1Password mini after typing certain characters (7.3 beta 5)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi! I have experienced crashes in the latest beta, although I'm not sure if they weren't also present in earlier betas.

What happens is that I begin to search in 1Password mini, and just typing a single character makes 1Password crash. I have found that the characters A, S, O, M and . causes the crashes.

It happens when I search through All Vaults, which include one vault, the Personal vault. It contains about 130 items. When I only search through my Archive vault, no crashes occur. That vault is much smaller, containing only 17 items.

Typing the characters in the main app causes no crash, regardless of the vault selected.

(I submitted a crash report just now)

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-5
Extension Version: 7.3.BETA-5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

So I set a fresh test vault and did some further testing.

I created an item, just named tet. When searching this vault in mini, typing A, S, O, M or . still causes 1Password to crash. However, when I change the item's name to test, typing S no longer crashes 1Password. I renamed the item to simply asom. and typing any of the mentioned letters doesn't result in a crash. Not sure what to make of this…

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Xe997 I have duplicated this crash by typing the letter "o" into the search field of 1Password Mini in Safari 12.1 using 7.3.Beta 5 on macOS 10.14.4. I too sent in a crash report.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Xe997 and @vplewis - sharp eyes! We noticed it too a few days ago and ag_kevin already has a PR up for it. Should be out next beta. Thanks for reporting. :) 👍

This discussion has been closed.