To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I need help with processing my payment

Options
antbullock
antbullock
Community Member

My payment was declined due to security limitations on my card. I now have my card authorised for the payment, but it needs to be charged by midnight tonight.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:billing issues

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@antbullock: If you cancel the subscription from the bottom of your account's billing page, you can remove the payment details:

https://start.1password.com/billing

Then, when you re-add your card, the charge will be attempted again. Otherwise the billing system will just make a few more attempts periodically. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And in the short (hopefully) period while your subscription is unpaid, you can still read your logins and use copy and paste to enter the dtails. Not as convenient as 1PW filling directly, but it does mean the passwords are usable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well said! We don't want to lock anyone out of their data, whether they're just temporarily unsubscribed or moving it elsewhere. :) :+1:

• antbullock
    antbullock
    Community Member
    Options

I missed the deadline to re-attempt billing by midnight on the 3rd. I actually used another creative solution to pay the invoice. I purchased a gift card, as PayPal is a valid payment method for purchasing these. (My debit card blocks international charges by default for security reasons, whereas PayPal does not.) Then I applied the gift card to my account and I'm paid up!
    Thanks for the help, and I really like that you don't block the user's data if the subscription runs out. That would be bad news to people who don't have a backup of the info.
    It would be nice if you guys accepted PayPal as a valid payment method for the subscriptions. Don't know how hard that would be to implement on your end, or if there's reasons that you couldn't do that or had to remove that option in the past.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback and for the update @antbullock!

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.