To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I was automatically charged to an inactive account for membership. My cost:$71.96. Please help!

Woodlawn
Woodlawn
Community Member

Yesterday I received a notice that my 1 Password Account had been paid. There was no indication of an account from which the money was taken. Prior to yesterday, I received NO invoice or notice that the payment was to happen. In the last year, I moved my business account to another bank in another city. The money was taken from an old account that had not yet been closed, but is inactive. This transaction, including overdraft fee and international (from Canada) bank fee, plus the annual membership fee, has cost me $71.96. This is unacceptable. I want a refund on the membership plus the fees I was charged because of your company's failure to notify me that a payment was due.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I was automatically charged to an inactive account for membership. My cost:$71.96. Please help!

Comments

• Woodlawn
    Woodlawn
    Community Member

This error, on the part of Password 1 must be resolved TODAY. I would appreciate your immediate response. I will be happy to provide the bank account and routing number to which you can deposit $71.96. Thank you.

• Woodlawn
    Woodlawn
    Community Member

Sent to you earlier today:TopicsMemberships
    Bookmark
    I was automatically charged to an inactive account for membership. My cost:$71.96. Please help!
    Woodlawn
    Woodlawn

10:50AM
    Yesterday I received a notice that my 1 Password Account had been paid. There was no indication of an account from which the money was taken. Prior to yesterday, I received NO invoice or notice that the payment was to happen. In the last year, I moved my business account to another bank in another city. The money was taken from an old account that had not yet been closed, but is inactive. This transaction, including overdraft fee and international (from Canada) bank fee, plus the annual membership fee, has cost me $71.96. This is unacceptable. I want a refund on the membership plus the fees I was charged because of your company's failure to notify me that a payment was due.

Referrer: forum-search:I was automatically charged to an inactive account for membership. My cost:$71.96. Please help!

Woodlawn
    Woodlawn

10:53AM
    This error, on the part of Password 1 must be resolved TODAY. I would appreciate your immediate response. I will be happy to provide the bank account and routing number to which you can deposit $71.96. Thank you.

Referrer: forum-search:Submitted question today. Still no answer. Please respond. You caused my bank act to be overdrawn

• Woodlawn
    Woodlawn
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

When will you respond? My bank has given me a deadline.

• Woodlawn
    Woodlawn
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

The best solution would be to talk with someone. Please send me a telephone number or call me at [removed; this is a public forum]. Thank You.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Please don't post repeatedly. I appreciate that this is an urgent matter for you. But the way official support works (I'm just a user) is that requests (forum or email) get handled from earliest to latest, so each new post by you just puts you further back.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Woodlawn: Thanks for getting in touch. I’m sorry for the confusion. The only way for us to charge you for a membership is if you explicitly sign up for an account (including confirming via email) and setup billing for it. And when you choose an annual membership plan, that will be billed every year on the same day, from when you originally subscribed. You can check your billing settings by signing into your account in your web browser:

https://start.1password.com/billing

And if you have further questions about billing or your account in general, please email us at sales@1password.com with the details so we're not discussing anything sensitive about your account here on a public forum. :)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019

I see you've already emailed us about this. We'll be in touch via email as soon as possible. Thanks.

Ben

ref: ZQT-73629-152

This discussion has been closed.