Choose My Own Password shouldn't erase old password

NetMage
NetMage
Community Member

When editing an existing entry, changing the password should offer the option to pick a strong password, not be the default. Either way, Choose My Own Password should not erase the input field, but allow you to edit the old password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @NetMage

I'm not sure I follow. In what context are you seeing this?

Ben

• NetMage
    NetMage
    Community Member

Open a login entry on the iPhone. Tap in the password field - see popup from bottom for Use Strong Password or Choose Own Password. No choice will let you edit existing password by bringing up keyboard.

• @NetMage

I don't see that at all:

Could you please let me know what version of 1Password you're using on iOS? Also could you please post a screenshot illustrating what you're seeing? Please post one that doesn't contain any sensitive information (i.e. create an example login item to demonstrate with).

▷ How to take a screenshot

Ben

• NetMage
    NetMage
    Community Member

I ran through some more testing and it doesn't occur if you edit / cancel / edit while looking at the entry. If, however, you go from Categories to Logins to tapping the entry to Edit to tapping the password field, you get the pop-up from the bottom shown here:

After selecting Choose My Own Password, I see

The version of 1PW is 7.2.7, I believe the latest.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NetMage,

I don't think that menu is coming from 1Password. I think it's coming from iOS.

If you open your iPhone Settings and go to Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords, do you by chance have both the Keychain and the 1Password option enabled there?

We normally recommend disabling Keychain there to avoid confusion, so I wonder if this is indeed why this is happening.

This discussion has been closed.