my iphone app suddenly uses a different and wrong email address for the login process on the phone.

Yogisi
Yogisi
Community Member

how can I change this preset email on the app? I tried to delete the app and reinstall it again, but the same thing happens again? This is not the correct email I usually login with to 1 password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:my iphone app suddenly uses a different and wrong email address for the login process on the phone.

Comments

• Hi @Yogisi

Which login process are you referring to? Are you trying to log in to a 1Password membership account within the 1Password app?

Ben

• Yogisi
    Yogisi
    Community Member

no. i‘m trying to log in to the app itself via iphone but it uses a different login email sudenly...

• Yogisi
    Yogisi
    Community Member

the mail shown at the login process (per default) is thw wromg one and i can‘t change it...

• I'm a bit confused as to what you're referring to @Yogisi as unlocking 1Password doesn't involve an email address at all. The only thing involved in unlocking 1Password is your Master Password. There are no other fields on the lock screen. Could you please email a screenshot of what you're seeing to support+forum@1password.com and post the support ID you get back here?

Thanks.

Ben

• jenred
    jenred
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I think I have the same issue as this user and wonder about the outcome. The login screen comes up and I don’t need to enter an email, as you stated, but there is an email address listed below where I put in the password along with a key symbol. Is this coming from iPhone?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jenred!

The login screen comes up

Can you please clarify what login screen you are referring to?

as you stated, but there is an email address listed below where I put in the password along with a key symbol.

Are you perhaps referring to the AutoFill menu in iOS 12? You can see an example of that here.

• It sounds like you might have iCloud Keychain enabled in Password AutoFill, @jenred. We recommend disabling that when using 1Password:

https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.