Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: Those are connections you've made with 1Password to web browsers, with the 1Password desktop extension installed. It looks like some older versions of Chrome and Firefox, and then some current installs of Edge and Chrome(-based browsers). Cheers! :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

There are no older installs of browsers on my machine. I have one regular chrome and one chrome beta 64 bit. Isn't that it should just show two Chrome in that case as paired? Also what about 1password X?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are no older installs of browsers on my machine.

@Abhijit: What I'm saying is that those are browser instances you've used 1Password with previously -- hence the "(disconnected)" label: you're not currently using them. :)

I have one regular chrome and one chrome beta 64 bit. Isn't that it should just show two Chrome in that case as paired?

Yes. That's why you've got two "paired" Chrome instances currently.

Also what about 1password X?

1Password X does not interact with the Windows app. It's completely self-contained. For now. ;)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• MikeT
    edited April 2019
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

For your information; the pairing is a security measure to make sure you're connecting to the valid 1Password extension and it is authorized by you.

We are going to remove the Connected Browsers section in a future update as it has outgrown its original purpose; it was meant to work with the manual browser authentication process (the "pairing") we had in 1Password 6 time with the websocket-enabled 1Password extensions where every extension install requires you to match and confirm the code you see between the 1Password window and the browser extension. This section lets you reset the process if it didn't work the first time or you can see which browser didn't authenticate properly.

Since then, we've moved to a better implementation with Native Messaging and automatic authentication process per browser-session; meaning there is no more use for that browsers section.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

That's great to know. Thank you! So many things happening.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.