To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Firefox extension has stopped working - says my account is frozen and I need to subscribe

Options
chamlin
chamlin
Community Member

I purchased 1Password V4 for Windows in 2015. I have been using it successfully on 3-4 devices since then. I've also been using the Firefox extension as well with no problems until recently. Recently, the extension is saying my account is frozen and I need to subscribe. I can't connect it to my vault because of this. I've not paid for a subscription in the past so not sure what has changed and why I would have to start paying for the functionality that I've had in the past. What should I do to get the browser extension working again? Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: version 1.14.3
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chamlin: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you've got a few things going on there.

First, if you're seeing "frozen", you've signed up for a 1Password membership and let the trial expire without subscribing. That makes the account read-only, until you setup a subscription.

Second, the only way you'd see that in your browser is if you've installed a second 1Password app -- 1Password 7 -- and set that up with your account. 1Password 4 does not support 1Password memberships at all, as it's rather old.

So either way you'll need to uninstall something. If you want to use a 1Password membership which includes all the apps and built in sync, you should uninstall 1Password 4 and subscribe through your account on the website:

https://start.1password.com/billing

If you want to use the old version you already purchased, and sync your own data, you'll need to uninstall 1Password 7.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• chamlin
    chamlin
    Community Member
    Options

I checked and I only have 1Password4 installed. Apparently I had the new(er) extension installed. I removed that and I installed the previous version but it is grayed out on my browser toolbar. That is, a right click does not bring up any 1Password options like it use to. Any ideas on correcting that?

• Try checking a setting in 1Password 4, @chamlin – Open and unlock it, then choose Help > Advanced. Make sure "Use native messaging protocol" is checked. If it's not, check it, restart your browser(s) and give the extension another go. Let me know if that helps. :+1:

• chamlin
    chamlin
    Community Member
    Options

I changed that setting and it is now working! Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Kate, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.