I have a major problem with the 1Password browser extension

Doug in Alaska
Doug in Alaska
Community Member

Okay, I've been a 1Password user since the early days and now have a problem with the browser extensions in both Safari and Firefox. I really don't know what happened today but now everything is hosed! I'm running 1Password 7.2.5 (the paid version) and my browser extensions stopped working. I uninstalled them and reinstalled them. Now when I try to use them after staring 1Password, I get the pop-up window with the two options at the bottom, 1. Need a license? We have these too. 2. Already have a membership? Sign in.
I updated my paid version on June 18. 2018.
Sure hope you can help as I use this software more than any other I have. I'm still able to open the 1Password app, but then I have to copy and paste for the log-in credentials for whatever site I'm visiting. Do I have the wrong browser extension?
Thanks much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member

Also, if I try to uninstall the browser extension, I get a pop-up telling me the browser extension is part of the application and I must uninstall the application to remove the extension. I don't think that would be a good move on my part.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Doug in Alaska!

It sounds like you either upgraded to 1Password 7 (which is a paid upgrade) without purchasing a license for it, or that you did purchase a license for 1Password 7, but did not apply it to the app. Alternatively, if you use a Membership, you need to add your 1Password account to the app to activate it.

If you click on 1Password 7 in you menu bar and select the License..., what do you see there?

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member

Well, I didn't have the option to select License. Anyway, I've upgraded to a membership, which I swore I would never do. All is well now and the browser extension is working. Also, my iPhone and iPad Pro are also working so I'm a happy camper. Thanks much for taking the time to respond.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Doug in Alaska! I am happy to hear everything is working fine and that you are happy too :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member

Thank you very much ag_ana, have a great evening!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.