Cannot sync to DropBox

Options

I had version 4 for years and now converted successfully to a membership and transfered.
1. I tried to sync to DropBox on Windows 10, but sync was not on the menu. Just Manage and Show in all vaults, and when choosing Manage and click Edit, there is nothing to edit. I am confused.
2. My iPhone was synced to version 4. I could not find a different app in the store. Is there one? I get the old data OK.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10, IOS 12.1.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I had version 4 for years and now successfully to a membership. Cannot sync to DropBox.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BobKistler2,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :+1:

When you have 1Password membership account, your encrypted vaults are stored on our servers and you do not need any third-party services to sync your data. All you need to do on a new device is to download 1Password app and sign in to your account. If you migrated all of your data to your new account, please do the following now:

1) Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser (not in the app) on your Windows 10 PC and make sure that you see all of your data there.

2) Reinstall 1Password app on your iPhone (there is only one version of 1Password available in the App Store) and sign in to your account from scratch.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Biersmurf
    Biersmurf
    Community Member
    Options

But I want to stay in control and have my vault in dropbox, is this not possible anymore ? including on the browser version?

• It's still possible to use a standalone vault in 1Password 7, @Biersmurf. The original poster here had specifically migrated to a 1Password membership where sync is handled automatically via our hosted service rather than Dropbox. Of course, you remain in control of your data regardless of your sync method. All data is fully encrypted before leaving your device with both a standalone vault and a 1Password membership, plus you have a local copy of your data in addition to the encrypted copy on your sync service in both cases. You can export your data and copy/paste it at any time, even if your 1Password membership has lapsed, and your local copy ensures access even if you (or we) are offline. Of course, it's up to you how you sync your data, but regardless of what you choose, your data is still yours to control. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.