LinkSys Router & Switches

Options
Michael Tennes
Michael Tennes
Community Member
edited April 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. EVERY LinkSys Switch or Router with a 1P login item only fills in the password field and never the username. Click here to see.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version:7.2.5
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Tennes!

I don't have a LinkSys switch or router to test this here, but I wanted to confirm something with you: what is the exact 1Password browser extension version that you are using right now? I noticed you mentioned 7.2.5 for both the 1Password version and the extension version, so it would be great if you confirm this so we have all the details.

In addition to this: is this happening only with Safari or could you replicate this even in other browsers?

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

It happens in Google Chrome (Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)), Firefox Quantum (6.0.2 (64-bit)), Opera (Version:58.0.3135.127), Safari (Version 12.1 (14607.1.40.1.4)) as discribed as above. The brower extension is what I said.

I forgot to mention that as a workaround, I enabled iCloud Passwords and that works.

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member
    Options

Would you like me to put a LinkSYS switch in my DMZ and give you access to it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @Michael Tennes,

The brower extension is what I said.

Ah I see, if you are using Safari then that makes sense yes. The Safari extension comes bundled with 1Password 7, so I see now :) Other browsers need to install the browser extension separately, and that has a different extension version. But if it's happening with every browser, as you reported, I think we can safely assume it's not a problem with the extension version.

Would you like me to put a LinkSYS switch in my DMZ and give you access to it?

This could certainly help, but it's not something we can recommend. I was also thinking about getting a zipped copy of the source code of the login page, so you don't need to allow outside access to your switch to anyone. In either case, I will reach out to you via email so we avoid sharing this type of information on the public forum.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Michael Tennes,

Just before we take the more drastic option of opening up access to a switch to the internet can you confirm that this also happens with two separate, new Login items.

1. For the first new item try saving using the steps outlined on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. You will need to save an entirely new Login item, updating an existing one won't achieve the needed test conditions.
    2. Create a basic Login item within the main 1Password window and copy and paste your username, password and the URL over. So this one can't be created within the browser.

The page appears simple enough so it's surprising and a bit disappointing that 1Password isn't doing a reasonable job here. Let's see if either of these items fare any better. Why I would prefer to try these tests first is I would much prefer you maintain as many defences as possible for your kit just to limit any risks.

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member
    Options

Both Tests fail with same result.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @Michael Tennes,

Thank you for the confirmation. I see that you have also emailed us back. To avoid sharing any more information on the public forum, let's continue the conversation over there.

ref: URN-63454-528

This discussion has been closed.