SUGGESTION: Econtent Licenses

Options
m4rouf
m4rouf
Community Member

When you purchase movies/ebooks from multiple sources it can get really confusing as you have to log onto multiple sites to find what you're looking for and you can't just browse through a single library to pick out what to watch.

Would be nice to be able to set up a consolidated list of purchases on 1Password (just like the software licenses) but to also be able to tie each item to a login item. I.e. clicking a movie title automatically opens the corresponding website, such as Amazon or Google Play, and fills with the correct login information.

As a bonus, we could have artwork added from IMDb or similar based on the name :).

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @m4rouf!

Thank you for the suggestion! You could use the item linking feature for this, although it wouldn't work exactly as you described, but I think it might still help :)

What do you think?

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Yes, something like that could work but could you please consider building a dedicated movies section that utilises this feature?

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@m4rouf, I can see how this could be useful to you, however 1Password is security software and is a password manager first and foremost. I think dding a Movies section would look a bit out of place, because it would be a category with no secret information in it.

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,

Not just movies but e-content in general - that includes movies, ebooks, audio books, albums. It makes sense because to access each of these you need to log on so need to refer back to 1Password in the end. You already have a section for software licenses. It's not like I'm asking you to embed the videos within 1Password and make it a video player or anything. Will you not even pass on the suggestion?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@m4rouf - we can certainly pass on suggestions. However, in the time I've been here, I've personally fielded requests to add new categories for everything from car registrations to locker combinations to insurance forms to...well, you get the idea. 1Password would be awash in specific categories which would undoubtedly be of interest to whomever proposed them first...and likely to a few other customers. But for most people without (for example) children in school, what use would "locker combinations" be? What we realized is that outside of the few built-in categories we've had in 1Password for a long time, a pretty compelling case has to be made for adding a new fixed, default category. What we ARE doing currently, in the beta builds of 1Password Business accounts, is experimenting with Custom Categories, which allow users to create their own templates with just the information they want, and save/sync those records. It's not ready for the stable channel just yet, but that's the direction our thinking is taking recently when it comes to trying to allow a wider range of items to be stored in 1Password without having to either have users resort to Secure Notes or creating dozens and dozens of new additional default categories for every user request. Thanks for the suggestion, however, we definitely appreciate them; many of the features you see in 1Password today originated at least in part from suggestions from the user community -- so keep 'em coming, if you have ideas for how to make 1Password better! :)

This discussion has been closed.