Password Generator History missing in

Options

Hi - Password Generator History is missing in the latest build for beta chrome extension

and now I actually need it as I cant find the password for a site i just registered too :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.4 beta
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hey there @damien1. Thanks for writing in about this and I'm really sorry for the trouble — I know how stressful it can be to lose a password. Our devs are working on bringing the Password Generator History to the new popup as we speak, so feel free to keep an eye out for issue #931 in our change log (be sure to check the "beta builds" box).

In the meantime, did you get things worked out with that site you just registered to?

• damien1
    damien1
    Community Member
    Options

hi ... thanks ill keep an eye out for it

no :( not sorted - the site blocked password reset attempt (due to changing in too short a time) - so ill reset it again some time

Any other way to see Password Generator History please @cecelia

• Hey @damien1 - I'm sorry to hear that. I did some testing and found that the only passwords being saved within the Generator History (with the new popup enabled) are those filled using the inline menu Suggested Password feature. If that's what you happened to use, you can go back to the old popup to see the password in the Generator History with the following steps:

1. Right click the 1Password X icon in the browser
    2. Hover "Beta features" » click New Popup.
    3. Restart your browser. That'll take you back to the old popup.

If the Generator History is something you rely heavily on, I'd recommend either sticking to "Suggested Passwords" or perhaps hanging on to the old popup while we work on adding the feature to the new popup. Let me know if that helps.
    I've reached out to our devs about this issue you encountered, as data loss is something we take very seriously.

This discussion has been closed.