Export and Import the 1Password iOS backup from the Files app

Options
frank3e
frank3e
Community Member

Please add to 1Password iOS (restore and backup from the Files location).

Here is a mockup:

On Device

Tap on On Device and choose the location to save your backup in your device. Tap on Done and your data will be saved in the specified location.

From local storage

Tap on Files and select the file from the device. You’ll be presented with the list of vaults to be restored in Enpass. Tap on Continue and you’ll be asked to enter the master password of the file. After entering the password, tap on Restore and your data will be restored in Enpass.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @frank3e

Thanks for taking the time to mock up this suggestion for us. Our current focus with regard to backups is on our 1Password membership offering. Are you using a 1Password membership? This includes automatic off-site backups, as well as per-item revision history. We're also looking at the possibility of including "offline" / on-device backups.

Please let me know.

Ben

• frank3e
    frank3e
    Community Member
    Options

We're also looking at the possibility of including "offline" / on-device backups.

this would be great for users who don't have an internet connection or don't use it that often (i'm one of those people who only have an ipad with wlan modul).

i rather live quietly in the country and use very few technical things.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Arguably if you're using the internet (you're here after all, and presumably use 1Password to sign into other websites too) you'd have access to 1Password.com to backup your data automatically. We can certainly consider your suggestion, but years of our own experience and the industry as a whole have proven that the vast majority of people will not backup their own data, so I do think our time and effort is best spent making the service better since it includes automatic offsite backup. :)

• frank3e
    frank3e
    Community Member
    Options

i use exclusively for important diaries, notes and a few logins for insurances. nothing more.

only 2 times a week i use the internet for friends.

that's why i would like these "offline" / on-device backups very much. similar to the mockup up there

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us @frank3e :+1:

I am not sure I can add anything to what Brenty mentioned in his last comment, but I wanted to say that we do appreciate the time you took to design the mockup and to share your thoughts here :)

This discussion has been closed.