Chromium Canary Edge Support

When trying to use the Chrome 1Password (as retrieved from the chrome web store) extension in the Chromium Canary Edge, I get the error ERR:13812 │ 1Password::api:1704 │ 59679064ms │ Refusing helper connection from "C:\Users\Lukec\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge SxS\Application\msedge.exe", because of untrusted publisher Microsoft Corporation. in the console and am unable to use the extension with the main app. I wasn't able to get the Microsoft App sStore version of 1Password to work with Canary Edge.

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Insider (18865.1000)
Sync Type: Local file

Comments

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @LMByrne,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Our standard 1Password extension will not work in Chromium Edge Dev or Canary builds: it will require a new 1Password update to add the new Edge's code signature to our whitelist. It is coming in the future, please see this reply from Mike here.

If you have 1Password account, you should be able to use 1Password X. Let us know if you have any other questions, we are here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• @Greg It's time to release a new beta... 2 months since last beta update

• GregGreg

Team Member

@arianelu: There is a couple of important things that we are working on at the moment and it is indeed taking longer than expected. We will release more news about the upcoming update, when it is ready.

Additionally, please note that this thread is about Chromium-based Edge, so let's stick to its main topic. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• I am using Edge Canary on a Mac along with 1PX beta 1.16.1 and 1P 7.3 beta 13. I am trying to use the 'Integrate with 1Password Desktop App' but 1PX doesn't see the desktop app. Is that because I'm using Edge or do you think it is something else?

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited May 16

Hi @oclanman,

There has been no official release of Edge preview builds on macOS. Until there is an official release that has a valid code signature we can whitelist in 1Password, 1Password will block it as we can't verify the authenticity of the browser.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file