BitLocker, Windows Login and then 1Password unlock

Options

Hello everyone,

I start using 1Password 3 months ago and there something that is anoying me and I dont know if theres a solution…
I start my laptop and need to put Bitlocker password, then Windows login password and then 1Password password.
I use Bitlocker because of the encryption of the files in case my laptop get stolen. Then I need to login on Windows and then unlock my 1Password.

Do you know any away to simplify this process? Was nice if I only need to use the Bitlocker password and 1Password gets automaticaly unlocked or just disable the lock in 1Password.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,
Bruno Rodrigues

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrunoRodrigues: We can't really help with Bitlocker, but I will say that it's probably worth it for you to look into that, in case there's another option that you prefer.

I'm not sure what you have in mind to "simplify this process" with regard to 1Password either, since your Master Password is needed to decrypt the data. But maybe if you'll elaborate on what you have in mind that would help. :)

We're just not going to have Windows saving people's Master Passwords.

• BrunoRodrigues
    BrunoRodrigues
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I understand, for 1Password unlock automatic needs to store the Master Password on Windows :angry:

ok, so te solution is continue to typing the 3 passwords…

Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrunoRodrigues: Three? Can you clarify?

• BrunoRodrigues
    BrunoRodrigues
    Community Member
    Options

yes! BitLocker password, Windows login password and 1Password Master Key Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah! Thank you. Indeed, you'd need to enter the password for both BitLocker and your Windows user account to even get to 1Password. And then it is necessary to enter your Master Password in order to decrypt your 1Password data.

This discussion has been closed.