1Password 7.3.BETA-10 (almost) completely broken

fongd
fongd
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password no longer works at all in any of my browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox). The Command-\ shortcut doesn't bring up 1Password Mini; neither does the menubar icon. BUT! If the current application is not one of my browsers, the 1Password Mini window does open when I click the menubar icon. Unfortunately, picking a login to "go" to doesn't work so I'm having to resort to copying/pasting my login details until this gets sorted out.

I restarted the 1Password X helper and restarted my browsers to no avail. (In fact, after updating to this beta, the 1Password extension was not even listed in Safari until I restarted the helper.)

Help!

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-10 (70300010)
Extension Version: 7.3.BETA-10
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Mi_S
    Mi_S
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Seconded. Same behavior with same MacOS and same 1Password versions. I'm getting by with drag and drop from 1Password Mini, but I have to click off so that Safari isn't the active application first.

• fongd
    fongd
    Community Member

Still happens with BETA-11. Reverting back to 7.2.5 until this is acknowledged as fixed in a future beta.

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

I am on 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-11 (70300011) AgileBits Beta and am also experiencing the issue where CMD + \ does not bring up mini at all. Both in full screen and out of full screen. I use 1Password X, so maybe the desktop integration is interfering? I am not sure.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

Ditto here (just upgraded):

1Password 7
    Version 7.3.BETA-11 (70300011)
    AgileBits Beta

on macOS 10.14.4 (18E226)

• Mi_S
    Mi_S
    Community Member

Installing BETA-11 seems to have fixed the problem for me. HOWEVER, I could not upgrade directly. I kept getting "new version available" notifications, but when I'd click, 1Password would say that I already had the most up to date version (even though I was still on BETA-10). I downloaded the BETA-11 installer, ran that, and it seems to be working again from within Safari.

• Hi @fongd, @jadchaar & @xz4gb8,

Could you please try enabling betas again and updating to see if you are able to reproduce this issue? If you are able to reproduce it, please use this guide to generate a diagnostics report and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

Once you have sent it, please post the support ID that you received here so we can locate your message in the system. Thank you!

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Hi @Hogg, I am still seeing this issue. I will send a diagnostics report shortly. What happened: I did CMD+\ and successfully saw 1P Mini come up while my app was in full screen. Then I put in my master password, then the 1P Mini window disappeared. Only when I navigated away from my current full screen window to the desktop and clicked CMD+\ did it work and appear again (in both the desktop and full screen app). Seems to be a kink with full screen applications.

Update: sent diagnostics report. ID: MEK-86772-959

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jadchaar,

We'll continue the conversation over email now that we've received your diagnostic report :smile:

This discussion has been closed.