Trouble with the NoScript extension

Hi,

1Password 3.8.18
Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
Firefox 11.0
1Password Firefox Add-on 3.9.2

I've tried searching for references to this issue but the search won't let me use the word "javascript".

Normally I keep JavaScript disabled for all but a select few sites using the NoScript add-on for Firefox. Recently I've noticed recently that autofilling has required that I have JavaScript allowed on the site in question. It happens on this site for instance.

Is this the case?

Rich.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Hi Rich,

Thanks for asking about this. In its default configuration, the NoScript extension blocks the 1Password extension from functioning.

The problem is that NoScript's "rapid fire" ClearClick detection catches 1Password's JavaScript events. To stop this, just disable the rapid fire protection (set "noscript.clearClick.rapidFireCheck" to "false" in "about:config" in Firefox).

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • Rich
    Rich
    Community Member
    Thanks Khad,

That all sounded very convincing but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. To get autofil to work logging in to this forum I need to have JavaScript allowed on agilebits.com.

It is not a serious issue for me as if I am willing to login to a site I'm probably OK with allowing JS on the primary domain.

My concern was that was a deliberate change in the behaviour, perhaps caused by changes in Firefox.

Rich.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry to hear that alone didn't resolve the issue for you. As you mentioned, you can whitelist the sites where you need 1Password to work and that will definitely work. In most cases, a site is either trusted (i.e. allow JavaScript, have a Login saved for it, etc.) or not.

We are still looking at some solutions in this regard, but for now you may need to whitelist any site where you need to fill a Login with the 1Password extension.
This discussion has been closed.