Copy username/password through shortcut only available for Login type entries

The issue is pretty straightforward. I can't use the Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy usernames/passwords directly from either the 1Password App or 1Password mini unless the entry is of type "Login".

However, those options, along with many others, are available if the items are right-clicked with a mouse. Since my workflow consists of trying to avoid using the mouse whenever possible I need this option to work.

I have tried adding username/password entries in more specific places (for example, added them in the SMTP section for "Email" entries) but it didn't help. Even though the majority of these non-working items have a pair of general fields for username/password.

I am fairly new to 1Password (switched to it two months ago) but this really smells like an issue with the app. Or I am possibly doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (version 1809)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @brezanac! Welcome to the forum and to the 1Password family! Indeed, Ctrl + Shift + C is designed for Logins. The general rationale behind this is that other items, though they include username/password fields at times, aren't meant to be fillable. If there's a given site or service you need to sign in to regularly, we recommend having a basic Login item for that site/service, in addition to any related reference items that include some additional details. Taking your e-mail example – you'd have the E-mail Account item so you have the info you need to, say, add the account to an e-mail app, but you'd have a Login item to facilitate signing in to webmail via your browser. Similarly, I have a Bank Account item with the routing number and other information about my checking and savings accounts, but a separate Login item for my online banking.

Now, that said, I was able to copy those details using the context menu keyboard shortcut (Shift + f10) and my arrow keys, if you find you do need to access them now and, of course, I'm happy to pass your feedback along to the team.

While we're on the subject of filling, too, since you mentioned you're new to 1Password, I want to make sure you're aware of the filling shortcut. If you press Ctrl + \ while on a sign-in page in your browser, 1Password will fill for you straight away if there's just one matching Login item. If there's more than one, it'll show mini so you can choose the one you want to fill. This still won't fill usernames/passwords outside of Login items, but if you happened to miss it, hopefully the improvement to your workflow in other areas will help to make up for present shortcomings. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.