Cannot setup Windows Hello

I am using a desktop version of 1Password on my Windows 10 machine running on Lenovo Edge E530 laptop with a fingerprint sensor. I have configured Windows Hello with my fingerprints scanned and can log into the machine that way.

However, the checkbox to enable Windows Hello support in 1Password application is disabled :(

Please advise - how can I enable Windows Hello support in 1password?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.437
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hello, @bajtos, and welcome to the forum! This means that Windows is telling us Hello is unavailable for some reason. Generally, if you disable Hello in Windows settings, then set it up again fresh, this will help and allow you to enable Hello in 1Password. I'd give that a try to start and if you're still having trouble, let me know. :chuffed:

• bajtos
    bajtos
    Community Member

Thank you for a quick response! Disabling & re-enabling Windows Hello solved the problem.

I think Windows was not advertising Hello to 1Password because I didn't have any PIN configured, I had only fingerprint set up.

Anyhow, all works well now. Thank you again for your help.

Miroslav

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bajtos,

Thank you for keeping us updated! I am glad to hear that adding a PIN worked.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.