authentication error on each login

Options
haas
haas
Community Member

Hi All.

I use the 1Password extension in Chrome on my Mac. Lately, every time I log into 1Password using the extension, I get a pop-up window with an authentication error asking me to enter my master password. But whether I enter the master password and sign in or choose "not now" and close out of this pop-up window, I am able to use the extension as usual.

I would love to avoid having to close this pop up window every time I use the extension.

Any advice?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:authentication

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @haas! Welcome to the forum!

Have any of your login information changed lately? If you are using a 1Password Membership, did you maybe change your email address, Secret Key or Master Password recently?

• haas
    haas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana. Nothing has changed with my login details.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haas: Network issues or "security" software interfering can cause that too. 1Password has no way of knowing why authentication failed, only that it has. If you create a test item in 1Password for Mac, does it sync to your other devices? If you create a test item in 1Password.com in your browser, does it sync to 1Password for Mac?

• haas
    haas
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, If I create a test on my browser, it syncs with 1Password for Mac and I am able to access it through the 1Password extension on Chrome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haas: what about the other way around, as Brenty mentioned? If you create a test item in 1Password for Mac, does it also sync to your other devices?

• wiz302pa
    wiz302pa
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem; started a week ago. Ran test as you described above. Everything is syncing to other devices. What do I ned to do the feed this thing so it goes away??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wiz302pa!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: TTI-94425-497

• jchiatt
    jchiatt
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue after setting up a second Mac last week for work.

• 1pfourlofin
    1pfourlofin
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

This has been happening to me for about a month in Safari. I worked with someone in your support center and he could NOT resolve it. Said maybe there would be an update that might fix it, suggested I take the beta builds and install. Which I did, and the latest has fubared the mini in Safari. Ugh. At least now I know it isn't just me. I'm using a Mac with high sierra and safari's latest release. Clearly there is some problem going around.

This discussion has been closed.