1Password Edge browser extension does not work.

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have the below extension installed. On clicking on the icon in the toolbar nothing happens. Please help.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Is Edge set as your default browser, @Abhijit? If so, could you try setting a different default temporarily, restart your computer, and let me know if filling in Edge works any better after? Thanks! :chuffed:

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

This trick has resolved the issue with side effects. What is the cause or known issue?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If Edge is the default browser, Windows keeps it running, but suspended, in the background, as soon as you boot into Windows. It breaks things, and not having it as the default stops that behaviour. :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

So we recommend 1Password users to not keep Edge as default browser? Or we plan to handle it in future releases?

Also faced another issue is when you invoke the mini from Edge many a times it stays there though you navigate to some other screen, browser causing 'sticky mini'.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Unfortunately we don't have any control over Edge, so not something we can "handle". :) However, as mentioned previously, Edge is getting an overhaul from Microsoft this year anyway, so only time will tell if this is even an issue with the new version. For now, this workaround helps though. :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I was referring to the Edge behavior which 1Password needs to handle for it to work seamlessly. I totally understand that we do not have control on so many things.

Also we should have disclosed this as a known limitation if not already rather than waiting for the users to come an complained about it. Or we should detect that Edge is default browser and let user know the issue. And I think due to this sever issues of "breaking things " by Edge, it is getting overhaul.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's not our limitation, but we've "disclosed" it in many places. That's what this conversation is about, after all. :) We're not going to put some popup in the app to notify all of our users about a Windows/Edge issue that affects only a few though, if that's what you had in mind. Sorry.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty!

• My bad I missed the disclosures.
    • I was suggesting the message only when Edge is default. But ignore it. I do not have that in mind at all.

My problem is just that any interruption in the clean simplified flow of 1Password I am not able to digest as I love it so much!

Thanks again!
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. It's a good idea. It isn't feasible for 1Password to do that. Hopefully Microsoft will continue to smooth things out with future Edge releases, and we'll keep working to make 1Password better too. Thanks for your passion! :)

This discussion has been closed.