To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password change

AndrejGieci
AndrejGieci
Community Member

Hi,

I'm completely new to 1password. I created account a month ago, but I forgot may Master password. I have emergency kit but Master passwords is not filled out in there.
How can I change my Master password?
If not possible, can I reset my account? (there was not password stored so no big loss)

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @AndrejGieci,

Unfortunately there's no way to reset a lost Master Password unless you're in a family/team/business where someone else on the team can recover your account.

You can delete your account and start over though. To do that, go to https://my.1password.com/support and put in your email address. You'll be emailed a link that you can click to open up a page that will give you options, one of which is to delete the account.

Rick

• AndrejGieci
    AndrejGieci
    Community Member

Hi,

All it says is that I'm part of a business account and part of my Secret Key. But there is no option to delete my account

• @AndrejGieci

If your account is part of a business membership then your company's IT team would likely be a good place to start.

Ben

• AndrejGieci
    AndrejGieci
    Community Member

and they just did. thank you very much

• Perfect. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Rick

• jm200p
    jm200p
    Community Member

I am in the same position as AndrejGieci except that I have an individual account. My master password is not being accepted online (i.e., Safari) and in the app on my Mac. If I delete my account, can I still use my account key and create a new master password? Please advise. TIA
    Jurij

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jm200p: With an individual membership, there will be no one else that can help you recover your account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Otherwise, you will need to start over with a new account. Shoot us an email at support@1password.com if you are able to access your data on another device and need help moving it to a new account. We'll be happy to assist you!

This discussion has been closed.