1password not filling username on specific page - dnsfilter.com

Options

tried several things to see if i could get 1password to fill in the user name field to no avail. i have tried in chrome and safari. fills in password fine. what can i do? thanks..

https://app.dnsfilter.com/login

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi @sphen!

I have moved your discussion to the Browser section so it's in the right place :)

I was also able to reproduce the issue here, thank you for reporting this. I will open an internal issue so our developers can take a look at this and see if they can do some magic to make 1Password fill the username field on this page.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#487

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options

thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• MikeSchroll
    MikeSchroll
    Community Member
    Options

That's very odd. Founder and CTO of DNSFilter here -- and long-time 1Password user. It works fine for me, and always has.

I'm also running 7.2.5
    on OSX 10.14.3 in Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103

Happy to tweak the login form if someone can tell me why it's not working for some!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @MikeSchroll,

Your sign-in page is so clean and simple I don't think it's reasonable to suggest a change needs to be made there, a page that tidy should be a no-brainer for 1Password.

@sphen,

I'm thinking a future update to 1Password for Mac will correct this as testing as similar setup as possible with 1Password X does fill both fields with a Login item that doesn't fill with 1Password for Mac. 1Password X has slightly newer filling logic which I think is why I'm seeing a difference. Having to wait for an update isn't fun though so I think I've found a workaround that you can use now.

1. Locate your DNSFilter Login item and enter edit mode.
    2. Click the View Saved Form Details button.
    3. Just above where your email address is will be a blank area, a Login item saved in the browser doesn't display a label for the field. Click here and enter the text E-Mail Address.
    4. Save.

You should find it now fills. In case those steps are terribly clear I'm attaching a screenshot of my test item in edit mode so you know what you're trying to achieve.

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options

worked perfectly - thanks @littlebobbytables

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help @sphen and hopefully there will be a version of 1Password for Mac that doesn't require the tweak soon. It won't matter for you though because with the workaround now in place your item should keep working anyway.

If you run into any other poor filling please do let us know.

• GerardZwartjes
    GerardZwartjes
    Community Member
    Options

I appear to have a similar problem that 1Password does not fill in the username of the sign in screen of QNAP QTS (release 4.4.2.1270).
    Only the password field is filled correctly. I have tried to do similar actions in the Web Form Details, but this did not solve my problem. Instead of "E-mail Address" I have tried with "username" but without result. What else can I try?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @GerardZwartjes! That's a good question. You're running into an entirely different issue than the OP, but I'd be happy to help regardless.

I've been chatting about this issue with a couple other users in a different thread. It doesn't look like you're using 1Password X, but the majority of that thread will still be relevant for you.

In short, QNAP recently changed their sign-in form a bit. The username field used to have a type of text. That's what we'd consider "normal" in the world of web development. Now, their username field has a type of textarea, which honestly baffled me at first, as it's not something I've come across before. For more details, check out my comment here. I'd actually suggest reading the rest of that thread as well; one of the users ended up reaching out to QNAP to let them know. I'm not sure what the outcome will be in the end, but as far as 1Password goes right now, you'll need to either click and drag or copy and paste the username into the proper field.

I hope that clears things up a bit!

This discussion has been closed.